Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Again and Again

If you read through my blog nowadays it's more like a travel log to yours truly. Well, that's one of the main purpose I made this blog for. Or else all my tavelling wouldn't mean anything as I can't possibly remember how many time I went back and forth between KL, Kuantan and Muar. My stay at Bangi recently had been pretty interesting unlike the dull and boring days in Kuantan. Here after Terawih would mean I just go back home and do some reading or surfing before sleep. But in Bangi I get to hang out with friends and have a tour of Putra Jaya. Hehe. :D I also get to go to the Computer Fair at PWTC on Sunday as well. Not that I bought anything, just keeping up with IT rapid development. I just help my uncle to shop for a good digital video camera, that's it. :)

As for my work I helped to assess my uncle's office IT infrastructure. Hardware wise it's fine but there's many security holes and flaws so I patched it up but I didn't get to finish the job. I shall came back later to finish it up, the office shall be closed for a week anyway. The PCs had been networked but the lack of broadband connection mean each PC still use it's own dial-up connection and such setup is very expensive. So I reccomend him to get a brooadband connection as soon as possible. The other problem the office have is synchronising sales and customer records. Each PC have it's own record database and it's a hassle to keep track of the whole record. They have to manually merge the data each time and sometimes the data is incomplete. This is true especially when the data is being transported to another PC but at the same time new records came in. Even worse, they have three offices so the records can be real messy. Hmm, have to get someone who can deliver a solid online database solution to alleviate this problem.

Well, that's my ramblings for the time being. More stories later. :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home