Friday, February 10, 2006

Notorious Puduraya

Puduraya is one of the place I usually try to avoid and I will take bus from other station if available. For example I always depart from Pekeliling if I'm going back the Kuantan. The reason? So many thing to loath rather than even acceptable at Puduraya. That is even after their recent renovation.

Firstly is the pesky ticket peddlers that will just casually hold your arm and just guess your destination. If you are unfortunate enough to be guessed right then he'll simply whisk you to the ticket counter or straight to the bus if the bus is about to depart. It really annoys me as I have my own preference of bus company. Moreover if I need to get off halfway to a specific destination. For example I take the Batu Pahat bus to reach Pagoh on the way and there's only one bus company that take that route.

The other one is the filthy and choking departure area. Dark, gloomy and couplee with suffocating exhaust fumes it's almost life threatening. I noticed some carbon monoxide sensors but I believe it's not working. And the condition is made worse by people who's smoking while waiting for the bus to come. I wonder how they seen immune to poisonous gases.

Another blow he you have to wait longer than expected for the bus to come and late busses are so common. My bus was once delayed for two hours plus and just now my bus is late for around fifty minutes! And to rub salt to the wound they change their departure point. Why? They use double decker bus that wouldn't fit at the normal area. And it was raining. Such a bummer but I'm quite pleased to be able to ride a double decker today. The ride is comfortable and offer a better view. This is my first time riding such bus in Malaysia and I'm looking forward for another good trip. But please, someone please do something about Pudu!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home