Wednesday, December 24, 2003

An Unexpected Twist



The eNovel: Jangan Ada Dendam is quite popular among Malaysian blogger community nowadays with thousands of readers. Initially there's only Sri Diah and MBA as Mak and Abah. Then came Rudy as Along before Eyes filling in as Souraya. Now came Angah, actually the original writer is Azra but somehow I became the writer. How come? That's the secret between the writer team, can't tell the reader all about it.

The base idea is provided by Azra, but to write Angah character is a very challenging task. Angah is an exact opposite of me, she's a girl while I'm a boy (or I should use man from now on?), she's active in school while I'm not, she's the second child while I'm first, she don't know to cook but I do (What do you want? Fried rice? Grilled Salmon?). The most difficult part is that she had special relationship before, while I'm not. So that's why I had to rely on Azra for the materials, alone Angah character wouldn't be lifelike. Pretending to be Angah is really challenging, even more challenging than SPM Penulisan questions.

Come to think of it, sometimes I asked myself. "I'm an unexperienced writer writing a series together with a renowned novelist like Sri Diah?" It sounds crazy right? But this all made possible because of my blog, the internet and a little bit of luck and talent. Without Internet the eNovel is not even possible! What more of knowing Sri Diah, MBA and Rudy? Surely the Internet has changed how we communicate.

Talking about communication this few days I've been an unofficial Technical helpdesk. First Doc Burhan asks about Bluetooth, apparently in UK there's a new law that requires everyone to use handsfree kit in cars. If not, 30 pounds fine on the spot. So he wants to a dangle free handsfree solution. Then came Kak Mysanc asking about PDA Phone. Today, somebody suddenly messaged me thru Yahoo Messenger asking about installing Pocket Quran in new XDA II. He only wanted to be known as Raie. Who is this guy? Must be rich enough to buy an XDA II.

OK, I'll be out of town until Monday. Maybe I wouldn't blog. See you all around!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home