Tuesday, June 22, 2004

Week 2, Independent Campus Life Begins

For a week we had been subjected to assemblies and moving en masse which is very cumbersome and time wasting. Now, I get to move around on my own and suit my own schedule.

Woke up a bit later than during Taaruf Week but still early enough to reach the mosque before Azan Subuh. Read the al-Mathurat to kick off the day before Subuh prayer. Then just after Subuh dua I jog down the hill and do one round at the field in front of my college. Stopping immediately after jogging will just cramp my legs so I just walk leisurely around the field one more time. The air is fresh in the morning not like during the afternoon which is practically chock full of dust particles.

Then breakfast as usual, went to Library and learnt what roughly Mechatronics are which I gladly found not really far off from my understanding (I'll write about it in a few days). Also went to the cyber cafe to complete the online form since I don't want to qeue up long at the Computer Lab tomorrow and the few days after. The afternoon is a bit relaxed as there's no briefing for us to attend.

I also learnt that some of us had changed programme. Mostly from Engineering to Biological Science, Pharmacy & Medicine. 38 secured a place for Medicine while 59 got their place in Pharmacy. Looks like competition would be much stiffer for these would be doctors.

After Asr prayer I head to Admission & Records to chck out the result of English Placement Test and Arabic Placement Test. Alhamdulillah, I'm qualified for the speaking test tomorrow. Once I passed it I'll be exempted from English classes and exams with the exception of MUET. Which in turn would give more free time as English courses have the most contact hour. Thanks a lot to all my English teacher and parents.

As for Arabic I'm placed in the Level 1 class. Not much a problem I suppose as I still remember the basics of Arabic just I'm not good at grammar and essay writing.

Meanwhile tonight I've met my two seniors at school, Brother Azri Nasaruddin and Sister Syaza. Brother Azri had changed his number so no wonder I can't contact him. When I asked for his number he mischiveously sad it out loud together with his name which is more than enough to be heard by the sisters at the table next to us. Pretty much just update him on what happening at SMART and who's who enter UIA with me.

Well, have to get ready for the test tomorrow. Also having course briefing in the morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home