Tuesday, April 06, 2004

Visit to Karangkraf

Visit to Karangkraf - *Updated*


5th April 2004

As promised I'll do a write up of my visit to Karangkraf at Shah Alam. If you don't want to read doesn't matter, it's for my own record anyway.


[L-R]Sri Diah & Eyes

My journey started at Renaissance Hotel. After checking out, Mum and I took a taxi to KL Sentral. Mum took the ERL to KLIA and catch a flight back at 3pm. Meanwhile I stashed my bag in one of the electronic lockers and bought a return Komuter ticket to Shah Alam.


With Sri Diah

The train is late 7-minutes and it took me approximiately 30 minutes to reach Shah Alam. Upon embarkation at Shah Alam station, Sri Diah had just arrived to pick me up. No waiting, just like when I went to meet Pak Adib. :) A short 5 minute drive is all needed to reach Karangkraf and Ultimate Print Headquarters. It is located in front of the Volvo plant and quite easy to find.

We get into the building through the staff's side entrance. Electronic keylock is everywhere, and without a pass and password you couldn't get anywhere. First stop is Sri Diah's room then we proceed to the cafe. Met Majalah PC's editor on our way. Majalah PC had been my regular read a few years back before I 'graduated' to CHIP.


With Dr. HM Tuah Iskandar

After lunch on Sri Diah's expense the next compulsory stop is the book shop. What novel I got? Jangan Ada Dusta of course, signed by the very writer! Back to Sri Diah's room she called Eyes to join in our discussion. After almost two hours at Karangkraf I must make my move. Lucky me, met Dr. HM Tuah Iskandar also!




Morning Walk KLCC Park


3rd April 2004


Pak Adib & M. Hasni of PalmX.

Actually I planned to have the morning walk session last week but then Pak Adib had some other program and I also unexpectedly found myself in Bangi and could not make it anyway. Upon M. Hasni's suggestion we met up on the beautiful Saturday morning. I walked all the way from Istana Hotel to KLCC Park. I didn't have to find him, I literally arrived just behind his back aat 7:30 am. :D After exchanging some greeting, we start our warming up. As expected, passer-by gawk at us. Wondering why three unrelated people from different generations meet up and excercise together.

We all 'tawaf' KLCC Park three times and while walking Pak Adib shared with us his knowledge and experience. We stop at his favourite spot on second round and do a bit of 'aerobic'. He made us sit on out toes. That's a bit hard for me, all my 800N of mass only on meagre 37.5 square centimetre. Calculate the pressure, luckily my shoe got some nice cushioning. Hehe. Then at 8:30 am, Dad call me to get back to the hotel for breakfast so I have to go. Insya'Allah I'll get to join him more often once our 'forward base' in KL is reestablished. ;)




"Love maybe blind, but marriage is a real eye-opener" - Nourza

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home