Sunday, November 23, 2003

Operation Salvage



While everybody else is busy cooking food for Eid-ul-Fitri something had fried my motherboard especially the ports. With the ports out I can't give commands to my computer and I couldn't fix a missing system file. Zahir came to help but no avail. The problem is the Hard Disk contain several important personal files and it had not been backuped! *Gasp* Thank God I had another PC, a Pentium II dinosour that is even older than the broken PC. Following Zahir's suggestion I plugged it in to the PII PC to salvage the files.

Plugging the hard disk should be an esay task but with the weird layout of the Dell PII PC I had to attempt twice before I succeed. Then I managed to salvage all the files which is now on it's way to a CD-R for archiving. Boy, this is really a snag to my Class Album VCD project which is still under authoring process. With my digital studio down looks like I had to borrow dad's laptop to complete the project. The hard disk is still functioning so I seal it and put it somewhere safe.

In December updates would be sparse, next two week I'll be shuttling between Johor (Mom's home state) and Pahang (Dad's home state). Then Langkawi and KL before school open next year. Wait, I didn't have to go to school right? So I'll be dozing off at home, writing and surfing. Maybe I'll came to school if my two younger sisters managed to get a place at my former school.

This year I'll be celebrating Eid at Pagoh, Muar, Johor for the first time after my grandfather passed away last May. *Sob, sob* :-( This reminds me of the last gift my late grandfather had give to all his family members and friends. It's a piece of carved lightweight wood with a rope meant to be hung in a car. It is inscripted with Arabic calligraphy. One side is written 'Bismillahi-Rahmani-Rahim' (In The Name of Allah, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful) while the other side is written 'Ya Hafeez' (The Protector).


'Ya Hafeez' (The Protector)


'Bismillahi-Rahmani-Rahim' (In The Name of Allah, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful)

If you see any car with it hanging around it should be my mother's side family or family friends. Notice the shape and inscription, it is custom ordered and the shop promised not to produce a similiar shape with the exact inscription for sale. If you ask the car owner with it, he/she would know Allahyarham A. Rahman @ Abdullah bin Hj. Said. If they don't, tell me.

Once again, may you all have a joyous Syawal!

- Sound of Save Me by Remy Zero -

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home