Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Twenty One

Yup, I'm twenty-one years old today. Usually, I don't write about my birthday. But as my dear friend Azleen wanted to know what I feel about this particular birthday so here I am.

As usual, no elaborate celebration. In fact, I'm pretty much celebrating alone amidst the final exam season. My sisters are the first to sms me. Then in the morning my parents called me.

My father reminded me to register as a voter with SPR. He said make sure that I'm registered for either Kuantan or Keramat and not anywhere outside my qariah. Before, I tought I would miss the upcoming General Election. I'm not as apathetical towards General Election as opposed to Campus Election.

As for my mother, she asked jokingly whether I would like a car. Of course I answered yes! Not that I need to drive to class everyday but I'm pretty much fed up having to wait for my friends to pick me up when we need to go somewhere. I need to have more flexibility in my travels as well. Not essential, but nice to have.

Surprisingly, my sisters started to be fussing about the fact that I'm still single and available. That doesn't concern me much, I have several things to achieve on my own first. Furthermore, the average marriage age in my family is around 25 years old. So there's still ample time. Furthermore, it's not good to bow to peer and family pressure in this matter.

Few days before, I've completed my first novel. Although I've handed over the full manuscript to the publisher, there's still lots to do before it enters the market. I foresee an extensive editing and polishing of the story. Not to mention the illustration and graphic as well.

Ah well, that's enough for the time. If any of my friends wanted to know more, just fire up an email to me.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home